There are so many benefits to Reading to Your children as early as possible here is a list of some of them:
1. Bonding with your child
2. Develops the love for reading
3. Your baby hears and learns the rhythms and sounds of the language
4. It develops your baby’s brains
5. It develops vocabulary
6. It helps your baby learn about the word around them colors, shapes, animals etc.
7. Many studies have shown that babies who are read to tend have higher spoken word counts
8. Your baby learns the concepts of print for example how books open and which direction to turn pages and later that letters make up words
9. Your baby learns that pictures give them clues about the book.
10. It gives your baby one on one undivided attention
11. Your baby learns expression from stories read which helps emotional development
As I mentioned, the benefits of reading to your babies are vast.